Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Probably not a Coincidence

Prof CrimLaw: “Mr. Swanburg, what were the defendants’ mental states at the time?”

I had the chance to use the phrase “drunk and horny” while standing in class but something told me not to. Maybe it’s part of the law school maturation process or maybe I feared looking ig-nant but either way the moment has passed.

Three guys were at a bar trying to get laid, but things weren’t going their way. The oldest guy says, “Why don’t we go back to my place and you can all have sex with my wife. She might try and stop you but that’s just her thing. When she struggles and tells you to stop that means she is turned on.”
Basically, the guys are stoked, so they go back to the old guys place and jump on his wife. She screams and tells them to stop, so they think they are doing good.

There is some legal analysis in there but that is not the point. The point is, Prof. CrimLaw called on me to discuss statutory rape and that never ceases to amuse. I discussed two guys doing a 15 year old girl, and it was totally copasetic.

I left today’s class comforted by the knowledge statutory rape is rarely prosecuted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home