Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Copping My Wares

Today the GRP took my watch off the desk, fumbled with it, placed it on his wrist, looked at it, compared it to the clock on the wall and stood there in silence. As I watched the metallic band slowly disappear beneath the cuff of his shirt, I simultaneously feared I was about to get robbed and that my watch wouldn’t be good enough.

The latter proved to be true and my confidence cried as he gave it back.

Later in the day, my confidence was still noticeably absent when I inadvertently shit my under-jorts upon learning our summary judgment hearings would be placed on real dockets, of real judges, and argued in real court houses.

3 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GRP took your soul a long time ago, so that should be no big deal.

How many BLS students meet this definition?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/health/05brod.html?em

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real judges? well played BLS, well played.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Given the lose definitions provided in the article, I believe the number would include almost anyone that has ever known about the Wallace, Ivy, McDonald residence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home