Friday, January 18, 2008

Focus Firm

I signed a non-disclosure agreement yesterday that prevents me from talking about the coolest class assignment anyone has ever been given. Fortunately it happened at the business school and I'm well aware that none of my readers care. Briefly, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to say the top executives from Echostar, including one of the founders - who happens to be part of the 62nd wealthiest couple in the world- flew in from Colorado to talk to us for three hours. They gave four groups of six, real-time, semester long assignments that will have job implications for the students and business implications for the company.


And they may or may not have left us with prototypes of their newest technology.

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

I have only three words for you, Swanburg.

Damn that's cool.

I, uh, get to read cases.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is cool, it makes me want to get an MBA

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fair. I went to an MBA program and all I got was a lousy marketing study for an AM jazz radio station.

You lucky, magnificent bastard.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

All of the above are true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home