Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ethically Taking Names

Thanks in large part to my teammates, Suzanne Blake (top speaker), Chris Matcek, and Bryan Gregory, I can now call myself a winner of the Hankamer School of Business, Ethical Leadership Case Competition.

It feels good.

The case involving Wal-Mart was handed out Wednesday evening. From there the teams had until Friday morning to create a 20 min presentation with an accompanying PowerPoint followed by 10 minutes of Q&A.

Using our collective knowledge of law, econ, organizational behavior, finance, communication and management, we looked at several conflicts of interest and focused on balancing the company's fiduciary duty to shareholders with the ethical duties owed to employees, leadership, customers, suppliers, and society.

It was interesting, I learned a great deal, and now, considering my team won a combined $1,150, I'll leave it to you to insert the appropriate Showtime / mono-legged stripper joke. As Baylor's newest ethical leader, those days are behind me.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you won an ethical competition :)

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God help us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home