Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Law Day Picnic?

Since I really don't want to do homework, would someone like to tell me more about this? I got an e-mail reading simply:

Law Day Picnic
Saturday, March 31
12:00 to 4:00
Cameron Park East (on MLK)


Free Law Day t-shirt for
the first 160 people!
Lunch catered by Double R (burgers, chicken sandwiches)
We will have frisbees, dodgeball, kickball, and DOOR PRIZES


Questions:

1) What is Law Day?
2) Who is Double R?
3) Do we need to sign up teams for dodgeball?
4) Is this a family event?
5) Is this the same Law Day I've heard terrible things about in the past?

6 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard you're supposed to bring your own ice chest with "drinks" if that helps.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Mark Osler said...

It is the same Law Day. There is terrible violence in the dodgeball game, as Guinn brings shotguns for the faculty team to use. They are, over the last 97 years, 97-0.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Alan said...

If it's the same place, Double R is a hamburger place at 18th (?) and Herring Ave. in Waco. I wouldn't advise going there after dark - of course, I think the restaurant is only open for lunch.

Classic greasy spoon. The specialty is the "4X4" - four hamburger patties, four pieces of cheese on one bun.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it's "Dubl-R"

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are federal judges welcome at Law Day and should I bring my own shotgun or will Guinn have one for me to use?

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celeb luvr,

The e-mail was/is ambiguous. Since you're the judge among us, please use your canons of e-mail construction to figure it out. Otherwise, Prof. LAPP will start screaming again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home