Wednesday, March 07, 2007

About the Shirt Ideas

Here are your three options:

1) Serr-A-Thon Shirt:
Front: Baylor Law School Semi-Annual Serr-A-Thon
Back: Thank You To Our Sponsors
Hom’s Way Dry Cleaning
Blackie Toys
Katz’s Animal Day Care
Ohio Mapps
Wong Sun Tanning Salon
Schmerber’s Pub
etc…

This one is fucking terrible. It no longer makes a damn bit of sense. It's one of those inside jokes that not even the inside people get. And to put that on a shirt? People would be asking you about it, and to try to explain it would be really embarrassing because you'd have to first explain how it's funny to law students, and then, by the time you were done explaining the person would be walking away and you'd be chasing them down screaming, "YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!!!"

2) Pain and Suffering Shirt:
Front:
Pocket: Baylor Law School
Back: If U.S. News Factored In Pain And Suffering, We’d Be #1

With all due respect to its author (Haley), I can't picture that slogan ever coming out of her mouth. It's like sooooooo positive. It's like I'm bitching but I'm not . . . because we are number one. Like rather than shirts we could put that slogan on big Styrofoam fingers and walk around, poking people till they get the point.
.
3) I Got Mugged Shirt:
Front: I GOT MUGGED…
Back: AT BAYLOR LAW SCHOOL (Picture of BLS Mug)

A mug joke? Really? I knew law students weren't funny but that is sort of a new level of absurdity. Like we are so proud of these mugs that we are going to make a shirt to commemorate the event? It's in line with having a shirt that reads: "I GOT SHIRTS . . ." and then putting a picture of the shirt they give you at orientation.

Maybe if we put a picture of the Where Fun Goes to Die shirt people looking closely might laugh . . . or just wonder why we make shirts about getting shirts.
_
And in case anyone cares, all things considered my vote goes to number two.

11 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but these are stinkers. Even Haley's. Haley is witty enough, but I just couldn't wear that. I want a gigantic Gothic B in white on a Green background, with the same B on the back, not mirrored. How about a BL instead of LV Louis Vuitton print.

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are terrible. Where Fun Goes to Die is corny, but at least people would get it. The mug shirt is really bad. One that I seen that I personally thought was really good was suggested (by Prof. Contracts, I think) last time: Baylor Law - because good lawyers never lose their appeal.
It's witty and pithy like a shirt is suppose to be.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now THAT'S a law nerd joke

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we have 354's slogan?

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2 is the only one I would even consider buying.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go with Bates' joke- that makes the most sense- although I like Haley's slogan also.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES BATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just go w/ Anon 3:54's shirt. Just be honest for a minute, no disrespect to those that submitted the top 3, but they're really not that good.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't know bout y'all but i find #3 to be heeeeeeeelarioussssssss!! it's simple, pure, and even if it's "uncool" i find it to be a refreshing dose of saintly humour far removed from the toilet/sex humour i'm capable of. I love the feeling of rooting for the cripple in a marathon.

I also think it's pretty sad to see so many venomous comments. it's just a shirt. I know who submitted #3 and if that were me i'd be pretty down. just for that i hope she gets the shirt.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are all a bunch of pussies who can't decide on a t-shirt just like you couldn't decide on what to do about getting pushed around your whole life so you went to law school.....the last place that would take insecure, short, wannabes.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I too know who came up with #3 and I like her a whole lot. When she posted her idea as a comment a few days back I giggled. It made for a quick contemporaneous joke. At the time, I thought it was funny to jest about the huge deal being made about the mugs; however, making the shirts kills the joke.

If you'd allow me to compare Baylor to Hollywood, I'd remind you that people had a good laugh over Snakes on a Plane until someone actually made the movie.

I'm sure that convo went something like this:

Producers: Mr. Jackson, Dave Chappell says you curse a lot about things.
Samuel Jackson: This is true.
Producers: We think it be funny if we made a movie where you say, "Get these motherfucking snakes off my motherfucking plane."
Samuel Jackson: Yea, that would be funny.

(Five Months Later)

Producers: Did we really just make a movie called Snakes on a Plane?
Samuel Jackson: Yep
Producers: You think anyone will think it's funny?
Samuel Jackson: Nope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home