Friday, December 08, 2006

Leaping Out of the Blogging Closet

In case you haven’t heard, Chris Fahrenthold is boldly campaigning where no man has campaigned before; namely for the position of February 2007 BLS Commencement Speaker.

SoTheBearSays has been converted into his campaign headquarters, and I encourage you to read his self actualized third person insights. Once you’ve done that, I’m confident you’ll vote for him when the time becomes ripe.

Now, I know what you’re all thinking. Aren’t commencement speakers supposed to have life experience from which to impart invaluable knowledge upon the graduates?

The answer is absolutely and . . . umm . . . yea . . . he doesn’t have that.

But he went to USC for undergrad and therefore knows about tough losses and what it’s like to smell victory yet taste defeat.

One day, when your kids ask who spoke at your graduation, you can tell them with pride how you had the preeminent, pioneer, Baylor Law School blogger of the 21st century; a man who knew no bounds and bravely charted a previously unbeaten path for the generations to come.

If they seem unimpressed tell them to fuck off and call it a night.

In summation: VOTE FAHRENTHOLD

Other Fahrenthold Supporters:

Osler
Baker
His Mom

P.S.

Fear not, this seemingly unhealthy precedent. I know my role in this world and would never contemplate attempting such a speech. My mother would kill me.

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can only vote if you're a GS

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're going to need everyone's help on this one. The Has-Been lobby is very powerful, and Big Has-Been is trying to keep those of us with an impending meteoric rise shut out of the dialogue, er, monologue. As I said in my announcement speech before the PC class today, call or write your congressman and have them call or write one of the 26 graduating seniors, urging him or her to vote Chris.

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might as well vote for Swanberg...............if I am going to fuck up I might as well do it right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home