Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Celebration of Life

Had Prof. Contracts walked in 10 minutes later, this would have been the conversation:

Prof. Contracts: What are you up to?
Me: Oh, you know . . . just . . . just hanging out.
Prof. Contracts: That’s weird because it looks to me like you’re running around half-naked with forty ounce Mickeys taped to your hands.
Me: Yea . . . I . . . umm . . . yea . . . this is exactly what it looks like.

But he arrived at our Christmas party when he did and other than the fact I kind of, talked to/hit on/ bought drinks for my favorite classmate’s very attractive daughter for most of the evening, I kept things decent. Granted I may have called a few people at strange hours but that is neither here nor there.

So Happy Birthday Latham, you are beautiful.



**Given the heated battles over some footage taken at Treff’s last evening, I’ll leave my commentary brief and simply say the karaoke far exceeded my expectations. Between Mark doing the Humpty Dance with back up dancers, Thomas killing Rapper’s Delight, Bell dominating Weezer, and the locals doing justice to Lil John, I came away more than impressed.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swanburg,

You forgot about me and Tim's rendition of "I would do anything for love", which left the audience in tears.

BC

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Although I wish I had, I have yet to forget about your performance.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

during that song i thought that at any minute you two were going to start making out...meatloaf brings the love out of every relationship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home