Saturday, February 14, 2009

Things Aren't All Bad

Last night I fell asleep around 8 [somehow felt like the best Friday evening I’ve had in years] and the PR memo rescission mentioned in the previous post was actually the second of the day. In PC I a girl had been sat down and assigned a memo until the professor realized he’d been thinking of the wrong case. He even sort of apologized.

Which reminds me of a quote from CSI Vegas, when the serial killer was asked how he controlled his victims:

“Once they think they’re going to die, give them a chance to live . . . no matter small, and they’ll thank you. You can make them do whatever you want and they’ll thank you.”

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

During my first mini trial, I stuck my foot in my mouth and asked some really offensive questions. (In my defense, I was really confused about what was going on.) I got up in my closing argument and apologized to the jury if I had offended any of them. The jury came back in our favor. Wren told us afterward that he made it a point to apologize at least once in every trial, for exactly the reason you're talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home