Tuesday, August 14, 2007

B-School Orientation: Day 1

Between the hours of 8:30 and 3 an assortment of people talked about various aspects of the Baylor Business School. Below is an excerpt from a conversation with a current student I had during lunch:

Me: So what is your average day like? How many hours do you spend working?

Student: Umm, well everyone is different. Some people are more or less concerned about their grades and some people have other commitments.

Me: Understandable. I'm just trying to get a vague idea of what to expect.

Student: Well I don't have any other commitments so I usually get to school around 9:15 and hang out in the lounge a little before class. After that I stick around until about noon and sometimes I go home and take a three hour nap. After that I sit on my couch watching television and doing homework. Some classes I don't do the homework because it's boring and it's easier if you just listen in class.

Me: So are you one of the people that care about your grades?

Student: Yea. A lot of people I know are just trying to get B's to get by and don't do much of anything.

If you're the kind of person that likes comparing apples and oranges, here is the quote from my law school orientation:

"If you have time to cry, you have nothing to cry about."

All things considered, Hankamer seems like a happier place.

5 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fucking B-school lightweight douchebags.

FUCK THOSE GRAVYTRAINING, CHERRYPICKING, GRANDSTANDING, SONS OF INDISCRIMINANT CENTRAL TEXAS TRAILER PARK SPECIALS.

that being said, do you think they'd let me transfer?

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger _B_ said...

It's too bad that Underwood I is gone - he made for a fun practice court "orientation."

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Rett, but with slightly less rancor.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a point where I thought "I should get an MBA, then I'd always have a job." But then I decided that business isn't really my thing, and I'd do something I loved instead, even if it was harder.

I AM STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

On the other hand, now that I'm post-PC, that might sound a little more like my schedule.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Senior Editor Red Andrews said...

The B school will tempt you with carnal pleasures and material possessions. If you give in to the temptation your reward will be great on this earth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home