Monday, October 09, 2006

What Kind of Law Do You Want to Do?

I was at dinner the other night when an undergrad asked me this question. After I answered she said, “That says a lot about you.” So rather than going to sleep, I’ll share my story.

Every law student has been asked; some know the answer while others don’t. Here’s my short version. I want to build golf courses. Along with the golf courses I want to build communities, country clubs and resorts.

I guess that means the areas of law I’ll be covering are real estate, finance, banking & contracts. I’m using contracts to broadly cover everything from water agreements and management issues to membership disputes and liquor licensing.

Whether that explains a lot about me or not remains to be seen but that’s my answer. It’s also the answer as to why I’m at law school in Texas.

And if that falls through, I want to become a Professional Bass Fisherman.

If by chance you want to find out more, give advice, or offer a summer job, you know how to find me.

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haiku of the day, from Civ Pro last week:

Fillmore, please stand up
Miss, explain this case to us
Uh, um, umm, uh, um

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, can we please stop with the Haikus. Or at least all the 1st quarter bullshit.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone . . . Or something like that. What I'm trying to say is don't make fun of Fillmore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home