Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Fashion Night: The Good, The Bad, The Fabulous

Unfortunately, I don’t have pictures of the evening’s event but if I did, they’d all be of Thomas. The 160 pound piece of awkward, white, man-meat made three appearances: First in a pair of plush disco pants, second in a lovely polo shirt / short combo, and third in a seersucker suit.

Picture an entire suit made of seersucker, accompanied by brown loafers and white socks. Although the panel didn’t appreciate it, I certainly did. I’ll leave it to the man in charge to give the details but I’m going to weigh in on a few issues.

First, the “hoes vs. no hoes” debate.

I respectfully disagree with the panel. “Hoes” are not required courtroom attire and the one panelist’s comments favoring dark hoes was certainly off the mark. Don’t wear them unless your legs are repulsive, or you have something that needs to be covered up.

Second, the lack of Prof. Contracts.

Incredibly disappointing to say the least.

Third, the slide show.

I’d like to thank Prof. LARC for showing me, with pictures, why ass-crack, cleavage and iced out grilles are inappropriate for the court room.

And did she really say her law firm had a retreat in Cancun that no spouses or significant other were permitted to attend? And this was the same firm that had multiple bathing suit required business events?

Fourth, the panel.

I knew I’d seen one of tonight’s commentators before but couldn’t imagine where. I’m almost positive we once sang some karaoke together at Scruff’s . . . wait . . . scratch that. After reviewing the pictures, I’m 100% certain it was he and I singing a little tune called “Summer Lovin” just a few short months back.

UPDATE:
Thanks to the Baylor Lariat we have this little gem.



Somehow I'm quoted as "John [sic] Swanburg from New York City" rather than Swanburg @ FromMalibuToWaco as requested.


Although the aspiring journalist may have blown it, the photogrpaher certainly did not.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your gayness is no longer in doubt

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they were talking about "hose" and not "hoes" as proper attire in the courtroom.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

11:04: You think I’m gay now, wait till you see my outfit for tonight’s 80’s bowling.

11:34: The whole conversation started, “You need hoes in the courtroom.” The next breath described the models as, “not looking hootchie.” Until a member of the panel tells me otherwise, I’m sticking with “hoes.”

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sooooooo sexy

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas I bet teenages everywhere have that picture in their lockers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home