Saturday, September 23, 2006

Because I Should Be Outlining

You know the HEB on 12th and Speight? Well I was there around 10:30 last night and some tool bag tried to steal my car. The story itself isn’t really all that interesting. I intelligently left my top down, went inside for 4 minutes, and as I was standing in line, my alarm started going off. I ran outside and homeboy sprinted away. I believe he got away with 50 cents and a pack of gum.

After that I went home and “made friends” with the neighbors. (Details omitted by censors.)

Seriously though, if not for my pledge to keep things appropriate, this would have been my best post EVER.

I will say that I had this conversation with one of my new 18 year-old friends:

Girl: Do you know William Jeremey Counsellor?
Me: I've had him as a teacher, but who really knows the WJC?
Girl: Yea, I met him once and he seemed really cute and nice.
Me: Yea, he's a sweetheart.

And for my NY and LA friends who ask me what it's like to live in Waco, Texas. I was driving my car to the library this morning when I was stopped at the light on University Parks and La Salle. I took the picture with my cell phone.





In case you were wondering, that’s a horse crossing the road.

13 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but at least the horse is crossing at a crosswalk and when he has the light.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The WJC maybe an ego maniac, but for some reason the undergrad females loves him. Have you seen his group on facebook.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, its not just the undergrad females who love the WJC...

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its called "stockholm syndrome"

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Agreed. It seems the people who failed are excited for the opportunity to retake the class, while those who passed are seemingly jealous.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an alum, I can say that I thought Muldrow was a cutie. Til I got up close and saw his warts. Power is an aphrodisiac. A bad one, but an aphrodisiac nonetheless.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

muldrow? its been a long damn time since you graduated.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, hey , hey

Older is wiser.

And yes...it's been a long damn time.

But isn't it nice to know things NEVER change?

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

update please...

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swanburg, it's been 2 days. Get on the ball!

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can someone please explain to me Prof Larc I's new haircut. Does she thinkg she will get more respect by having a man's haircut.

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swanburg, please delete the post above this, then update your blog.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

First, I cannot comment on the haircut because I've yet to see it. I can only say that Prof. LARC I's taste is generally impecable so I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Two, I'd love to blog about my hard fought games of scrabble but none of the readers care that I had a 72 point word.

I apologize for the two day hiatus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home