Monday, September 01, 2008

Revitalizing Downtown

I started working on a post regarding several 2Ls and their quest to use the human penis as a divining rod, but after reading my first few sentences, it seemed somehow inappropriate. So instead, I’ll mention Waco’s newest bar.

Located about two blocks past Treff’s on Austin Avenue, Austin’s on the Avenue (“Austin’s”) attempts to bring an upscale ambiance to a previously bleak downtown Waco. On the inside, the owner combined dark woods, stainless steel, and the original brick walls to give the bar a lounge-type feel that reminded me of LA, while the large outside patio and bar make for a great place to listen to live music (which they claim they’ll have Thursday through Saturday.)

The place doesn’t have a website, (or any other mention on the internet) so I don’t have pictures or further details, but it’s a better vibe than its nearest competitor, Basaberu, and its bartenders are some of the most attractive in Waco. If you’re looking to have a couple drinks in a laid back atmosphere, I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home