Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Business Intern Gets Lawyer-y

During last night’s reception with the top executives from Charlie Ergen on down, I spent about an hour interviewing various people throughout the company in hopes of figuring out my life based on the mistakes of others.

After telling some folks I didn’t know anything about the law, they told me it was because I’d never tried, and long story short, for a time starting sometime this week or next, I’ll be working in a legal department responsible for two companies with combined market caps of about $19 billion.

It should be interesting.

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be ironic if you and "steve" installed the dish in NC like shit, it killed this guy's very expensive hypo-alergenic cat, and you had to process that claim over the summer? I'd get a kick out of it.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you seriously tell him you knew nothing about the law?

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I'm not going to lie to the man. I also told him I'd prefer not to write memos or briefs.

He seemed fine with that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home