Monday, April 21, 2008

An Instruction Manual For the 1950s

Presumably to indicate how she feels a husband should be treated, my girlfriend forwarded me this picture from a 1955 edition of Housekeeping Monthly. My favorite words of advice include, “catering for his comfort will provide you immense personal satisfaction,” “you have no right to question him,” and of course, “show sincerity in your desire to please him.”

[UPDATE]

Despite reading the article, my girlfriend has yet to offer her services for shoe removal.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 50's were definitely way cooler than the 60's

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

I couldn't agree more. My mother - a product of the 60's- just e-mailed me to say "a woman's place is anywhere she damn well wants to be."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home