Sunday, April 05, 2009

Because This Might Be Tested

A tragic love story from tonight’s PC II*:

Prior to their marriage, Mr. Sheley had held a gun to Mrs. Sheley's head, while she, then his landlady, was trying to collect rent. During the marriage, Mrs. Sheley was the victim of a number of beatings at the hands of Mr. Sheley, and, on various occasions, he threatened and attempted to shoot her and to run over her with a car. The Sheley's decided their differences could not be resolved and sought a divorce. Mr. Sheley demanded that Mrs. Sheley return his rings and, when she refused, he threatened to cut off her finger with his Boy Scout knife. Their divorce became final on January 7, 1975.

Subsequently . . . the Sheley's were remarried on March 3, 1975.

Just twelve days after the second marriage . . . the Sheleys left their home in Claxton, Georgia, to attend a motion picture theater. Mr. Sheley had been drinking heavily that afternoon and continued to drink during the movie. On the return trip, Mr. Sheley stopped and bought some french fried potatoes for Mrs. Sheley. He became angry when Mrs. Sheley refused to eat them. . . . [His final words] I didn’t think she’d shoot me.
*cites are for losers

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I got called on for this case in class and I was about as prepared as I usually am. So, when Powell asked me what the hearsay issue was I confidently answered "Sex Tapes". Powell said something along the lines of "What are you talking about." And I then went on to talk about sex tapes for a little while before he kindly stopped me and said "No, the other hearsay issue". It was a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home