Sunday, October 05, 2008

This Wouldn’t Happen to Sam Crow

Hypothetically, if your expectations for Oktoberfest involved one reveler being stabbed at our bed and breakfast in an altercation involving a pastry dish, another losing fecal continence, another inadvertently making poor decisions with a married woman, and another being the victim of a mild gay hate-crime after appearing kind of gay, then Oktoberfest hypothetically could have gone pretty much as you thought.


It’s all fun and games until Miguel Galindo decides he's had enough of the scone dish.

Since I'm talking in hypothetical, the details of the event aren't worth public discussion, but if I’m going to keep friends that use the rule of omerta and Vin Diesel quotes as their only guiding life-principles, these kinds of situations are inevitable.

4 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For the wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you; If I die, you are forgiven.'"

- Omerta

"I've never knocked on nobody"

- Vin Diesel

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still more proof the world doesn't need lawyers...

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's official, BLS students are jerks to one another

http://abovethelaw.com/2008/10/princeton_review_ranks_law_sch.php

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know that we're jerks to one another- but in this job market, we'd damn well better be ruthless. If you're not in the top 10%, you can kiss 160k a year goodbye. Even then, this is a rough year for OCI.


That said, I'm still glad I didn't go for the MBA, especially right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home