Monday, April 09, 2007

The Opposite of Winning

Tonight from 4 - 6PM was the Spring Convocation and Reception on the 5th Floor of the Hankamer School of Business. This event replaced Law Day, and I didn't go; I didn't go because I'm a sore loser.

Below is an award application I submitted to the proper authorities in a timely manner:

Name of award for which you are applying: The Student Bar
Association Leadership Award

Reason(s) you feel qualified to receive the above award:

The award description states the recipient should be "a student who significantly contributes to the quality of student life and who exemplifies the Student Bar Association’s commitment to leadership and community involvement."

As the author of the blog FromMalibuToWaco, my continued efforts to improve the quality of student life at Baylor Law are well documented. By encouraging others to take part in S.B.A. sanctioned events: from Law Buddy and Immunity Day to T-shirt Design contests and intramurals, I've done everything possible to promote a stronger sense of community within the school.

Through my position as Social Chair of Phi Alpha Delta, and the creation of my own set of weekly "Bar Reviews," I've gone to great lengths to relieve our communities' inherent stress, if only for a few hours a week.

It's for these reasons I feel most qualified to receive The Student Bar Association Leadership Award.

Respectfully Yours,


Jonathan Swanburg


Wow . . . all I can say is wow. It's like the time my mother had a contest for Best Son and I lost. As an only child, it's one of those things I'll never really understand.

Update:

Baker has coverage of the event and by coverage I mean a description of the free food.

4 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Mark Osler said...

I still really treasure that "best son" award.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

You would. Your macaroni art put you over the top and I've hated macaroni art ever since.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would have voted for you if i could swanburg!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jon Swanburg said...

Thanks Ms. Hart. You have my vote for SBA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home